Matte Leão is one of Brazil’s best known brands of yerba mate tea. It can be easily be found across Brazil, consumed both as a hot tea or iced tea.
Yerba mate is said to have the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the joy of chocolate. It is slightly more bitter than traditional English tea and is brewed from the roasted leaves of South America’s yerba mate shrub, erva-mate in Portuguese. The tea contains a moderately high caffeine level, and is prized for the following health benefits (backed by science):
- Rich in Antioxidants and Nutrients.
- Can Boost Energy and Improve Mental Focus.
- May Enhance Physical Performance.
- May Protect Against Infections.
- May Help You Lose Weight and Belly Fat.
- May Boost Your Immune System.
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels.
Matte Leão is commonly served with lime juice and sugar.